Nourish Care Electronic Systems
• Given that our aim is to provide excellent service at Riverside Nursing Home. This week we started the process of implementing Nourish which is a new care management system to replace the paper-based care recording process at Riverside Nursing home.
• Why is this a very important milestone? Well, there are many benefits of this new system as we have already been using it for about 2 years at our sister care home (Nazareth Lodge). We have experienced the following and which Riverside will also benefit of:
1. Our staff spend ca. 2hrs less per week. This reduction in admin means ultimately more caring for our residents and increasing the 1-2-1 care that we provide our residents with.
2. It helps staff to communicate more effectively and deal with incidents quicker as there will be instant notifications from other members of staff via the messaging system included in this new care management system.
3. The strategy of the UK regulatory inspection body (CQC) 2021 is to go paperless when it comes to all care records. This new digital system will help us to enhance the transparency of data recording and It is very important to be able to quickly and accurately find info for compliance reasons if needed during inspection. This also means that one can see the members of staff involved with any service, activities or incidents. The digital care planning system will support the “well-led” criteria that is set by the regulatory inspection (CQC) as we aim for outstanding rating.
4. Cloud storage means that we have protection from data loss and do not need to worry about storage of data over million records in a few months. This will also help against the risk of losing data due to incidents like a fire/flood.
Added: 8th June 2020