Riverside Nursing Home has a new owner
We are very excited to announce that Riverside Nursing Home has a new owner. Mr Hult acquired the home in November 2019 as a sister home to the 'Outstanding' Nazareth Lodge in Sturminster Newton.
Mr Hult stated 'Our vision is to provide excellent service and care at Riverside with the aim of achieving an 'Outstanding' rating in the next CQC inspection and plan to make some changes in the background to make things more streamlined and efficient for the management team as well as the care staff in order to enable us to allocate more time to the care aspects of our residents.
New initiatives include:
• We have already registered with a national human resources/health & safety consultancy firm to provide advice and support to ensure that we always comply with current legislation.
• We will make improvements to the IT system of the home, upgrading both the software and hardware.
• Staff development and training are very important in the home and have already had meetings with our training provider to ensure that our staff will have the opportunity to enhance their knowledge wherever possible.
• New advertising material is being completed along with a new facebook page and a brand new website which will be more user-friendly and will give friends and relatives instant information on things that are happening in the home.
• An electronic care plan system which enables care staff to plan, record and coordinate care “on the go”. This will allow staff to have more time to spend with the people they care for. Relatives will be able to see immediate historical/current information through an online portal.
• A minibus will be available to be used for outings and will have a full review or activities so that there will be even more happening for the residents if they wish to participate.
• The décor of the home will be updated including the painting of the corridors, new lights in the sitting room, dining room and hall as well as new furniture in communal areas of the home. The curtains will soon be replaced as will the hallway carpets.
• A time and attendance system will be installed in the New Year which will mean the Manager/management team will spend less time on administration and focus more on managing the home.
• Plans are ongoing to upgrade the equipment in the kitchen and laundry room, starting with a new state of the art dishwasher and washing machines.
• Some changes will be made to the front of the house to create more space for parking.
• The conservatory will be updated with new blinds and furniture.
I am committed to Riverside for the long term and will always aim to provide excellent care to all the residents here.'
If you would like to find out more about our work either at Nazareth Lodge or at Riverside Nursing Home please contact the home directly.
Added: 26th November 2019